How to Use the 3-Day Potty Training Method
They say that the best impressions happen when an individual is in his toddler stage. There is much truth to this and is in fact backed by credible research. Common sense dictates that the 3-day Potty training method for toddlers is a good move any parent can make for his child.
Here are some tips for 3-day Potty training method toddlers:
- A parent needs to see if the child is ready for the 3-day potty training method. Age is a variable factor and is not necessarily synonymous with readiness. Generally speaking, it is wise to potty train children during their toddler years but the parent should consider their children’s readiness for such. Remember, each child is unique.
- Find creative ways to introduce potty training to toddlers. As this type of training can be difficult for both parent and child, it will help to make the experience enjoyable and light. For instance, parents can teach their toddlers by playing a game with them or reading storybooks that include how to potty train their toddlers. Parents may also consider using decorative potty training seats and other tools that are attractive to their toddlers.
- Remember toddlers learn best when their behavior is reinforced by reward and not by punishment. Parents should encourage their children like generous praises whenever they do the training right.
These tips are just some of the few parents can apply when potty training toddlers. Parents need not subject themselves to undue stress. With these tips, potty training their children can be as memorable as it is enjoyable.
Where to get 3-Day Potty Training Method Help
When potty training your kid, you may at times need help or two. It is therefore essential that you know where to get a 3-day Potty potty training method to help when the need arises.
Here’s a handy list where you can get help.
First on the list is your child’s pediatrician. When it comes to medical and health needs including the 3-day potty training method, your child’s pediatrician knows best. Your child’s pediatrician can also answer practically every question you have about the 3-day Potty training method for your child.
She can also help determine the right time to start potty training your child. Readiness is crucial as no amount of time, effort, and tools are useful unless a child is ready to be potty trained.
Next is the internet where you can find vast resources on how to potty train your child. You must use the internet to your advantage and get the necessary potty training help when you need it. The best thing about the internet is that you can use it any time in getting the help that you need.
You can also buy self-help books on potty training your child. These books are readily available from your local bookstores.
Another good source of help is other parents who have or are currently into potty training their children as well. You can exchange notes and tips on how to do it correctly and how to deal with common potty training problems. As they say, the experience can be the best teacher.
With so many resources on potty training available, you shall be able to find potty training help easily and conveniently.
3-Day Potty Training Method – Using a Potty Training Seat
Potty training in a child is no joke. Every parent in the world wishes to be able to successfully potty train their children. There are times though that the task is too difficult to handle. Children oftentimes refuse to be potty trained. If such is the situation, parents should exercise their creativity. One way to do this is by using a potty training seat.
Here’s what parents can do to successfully potty train their children with less difficulty by using the potty training seat:
- As much as possible, parents should choose the best seat for their children. Depending on the need of the children, parents can consider several factors in choosing the best seat: cost, durability, size, color, gender of the child, how easy and convenient the seat is, type of seat among others.
- When possible, involve the child in choosing the seat. Choosing what the child fancies will help them as the experience and therefore success rate in potty training increases.
- Parents should avoid using force to potty train their children. Instead, they should win the trust of their children by implementing a reward system to encourage their children to properly sit on their potty seats.
- Parents should allow their children to initially play with the potty seat before actually training their children to use the seat for their potty. This will enable the children to familiarize themselves with the seat and feel comfortable sitting on it.
Parents will surely find an ally in the potty training seat to successfully train their children to use the regular toilet seat eventually. It is wise to choose the best training seat.
Common 3-Day Potty Training Method Problems
It is natural for parents to encounter problems when potty training their children. But, being natural doesn’t make it any easier when you are trying to teach your child to use the toilet. Here are some common potty training problems and how to deal with them.
- The child resists the potty. Find the source of the child’s resistance and address it accordingly. For instance, resistance may come from fear. The parent should introduce the concept of the potty creatively to take away their children’s fear. They should also allow their children to explore the potty and treat the potty just as they would with their favorite toys.
- Playing with poops. Toddlers are curious. They will do anything to satisfy their curiosity including playing with their poops. Parents should be able to restrain themselves from scolding their children or punishing them for such acts. Instead, parents should learn how to firmly communicate with their children that playing with poops is not something that they should do.
- Pees or Poops immediately after taking them to the bathroom. This is often the source of frustration and irritation among parents. But parents should bear in mind that this is a normal occurrence and that potty training for children requires time and patience. If the children do this more often than usual, then they may not be ready yet for potty training.
- The child withholds the urge to pee or poop, or hides when doing so. The parent should refrain from forcing the child to pee or poop or punish the child when he does so in any place other than the potty or the bathroom. This only means that the child recognizes the need to pee or poop but may not be emotionally ready to do it in the correct place. The parent should win the trust and confidence of the child through positive reinforcement.
Potty Training Pants – Should you use them?
Parents who find potty training their kids difficult can now make the experience enjoyable as it is enlightening through the use of training tools such as potty training pants. Creativity is the key to unlock the difficulty in potty training kids.
Kids or toddlers need some form of motivation to get started with their potty training. More often than not, they think of themselves as “big persons” who want to dress up as adults do.
This is where potty training pants are useful since the pants stir the interests of the kids/toddlers. The use of training pants like normal underwear makes these kids/toddlers feel like grown-ups which they love to.
Another advantage of using these training pants is that it enables the kids/toddlers to feel like they are in control of the situation as they can easily take on and off the pants whenever there’s a need. With a feeling of being independent, kids are more likely to use the potty correctly.
There are disposable training pants available in the market today that will make the potty training experience more convenient for both parents and kids/toddlers. These training pants combine the convenience of disposable diapers. While enabling the kids/toddlers to easily feel their “wetness” and associate it with the need to use the potty.
Using potty training pants certainly brings advantages to parents to successfully potty train their children. The only disadvantage if it is might be the cost of these training pants. But considering the convenience and the ability of this tool to encourage successful potty training, the advantages outweigh the cost.
3-Day Potty Training Method Chart – How to use a reward system
The only way to reinforce good potty training habits is to use a reward system that positively encourages kids to use the potty properly. One such system is the potty training chart that has the ability to monitor the child’s progress in a 3-day Potty training method.
Here’s how parents can gain the most from the use of the 3-day Potty training method chart as a reward system:
- Parents should involve their children in devising the reward system such as letting them choose the kind of reward they would like to receive when a good potty habit is formed. Parents can also bring their respective children to the bookstore to choose their preferred colored board to be used as a training chart.
- Allow your children to participate in creating the training chart. Let them pick their designs and colors to use as markers. Make the chart as colorful and as attractive as possible.
- It is wise for the parents to orient their children on what the training chart is all about, its importance and relevance to potty training, and how it will help them to acquire the correct potty habits. Children should be able to associate the chart with the reward and the good habits they must be able to acquire.
- Use the 3-day Potty training method chart to keep track of the child’s progress and to give the reward immediately after the desired result is achieved. Timeliness is as important. Parents should also be generous in rewarding their children for their acquired good potty training habits.