Top 10 traits of \’Successful Losers\’
By Greg Landry (Sincere thanks to Greg for letting me reprint this article here!)
I\’ve worked with hundreds of people who were interested in losing weight. Over the years, I started to notice that the people who were successful at losing weight and maintaining that loss, had several traits in common.
If your goal is to be successful at losing weight and keeping it off, my suggestion would be to make these traits your own:
1. They make aerobic exercise such as walking, jogging, or swimming part of their DAILY life. They realize that DAILY activity is absolutely critical to their success. They are committed to exercising just about every day for the rest of their lives. It\’s not a chore for them.
2. They either naturally enjoy the exercise they do, or they make it enjoyable. For example, many of them enjoy walking in the beautiful outdoors, or if they don\’t, they make it enjoyable by listening to music or taped books, exercising with a friend, or perhaps by varying their route or the type of exercise they do.
3. They don\’t smoke. I have seen very few smokers who were successful at weight loss.
4. They are typically early risers and get their exercise done first thing in the morning.
5. They don\’t weigh themselves every day.
6. They have an incredible desire to lose weight and be healthy. But, they don\’t just talk about it – lots of folks do that. They actually walk the talk. They are willing to do what it takes to get where they want to be. This gets them through the tough times when they feel like giving up.
7. They don\’t fall for the latest fad diet and they are resolved to the fact that their weight loss will take time. They\’re not constantly looking for short cuts.
8. They realize that their body functions best and is healthiest when it\’s getting the naturally healthy stuff – fruits, veggies, and whole grains. They concentrate on eating these with very limited added fat and sugar.
9. They prepare most of their own meals and usually bring their lunch to work.
10. They usually have a great big smile on their face! They know that it may be very tough at times, but they also know that they are surely reaching the goals they\’ve worked for. That feels great!
Go for it – you CAN and you WILL do it!