What are some good transcription websites for a new transcriptionist to learn and earn?
Topic : Transcription is a process of converting audio files into written texts (documents).
There are several sites that hire independent contractors to transcribe files. It’s very popular in demand and growing every day.
Transcription is the process of converting audio files into written documents. An audio file will play you will have to listen and type exactly what you hear.
This sounds cool!!
What is transcription?
Transcription is a way of converting audio files into written documents. Generally, you have three categories General, legal, and medical transcription but you will mostly be working with general transcription.
For a beginner, it is suitable to start with general transcription whereas legal and medical transcription requires proper training and some experience.
How to learn transcription?
If you are looking forward to starting a career in transcribing you can follow this highly recommended course. They are going to teach you the best practices to become an excellent transcriber.
Some important points to consider in mind when choosing to start working as a transcriber.
- lifetime support from real people who care
- learn how to get clients
- to build an excellent reputation
- grow your business
How to earn as a transcriber?
- Fiverr – Fiverr needs no introduction this is the most popular digital marketplace. You can find several freelance workers offering transcription services. Create some of the best SEO rich transcription gigs and start working from home.
- Rev – Rev is a startup based in the USA( San Francisco) that hires individual contractors giving them an opportunity to work from home. If you are Looking for home-based work to enjoy in your own time and space. Good English skills, a computer, and a reliable internet connection are all you need.
- Babbletype – Hires a transcriptionist who is an excellent native English speaker. You can work on your own time and schedule who always search for beginners to join. Start by watching the video which will determine if you are the best fit for the job. They provide work to individuals with high skills in language, good listeners and to be able to complete more transcriptionist jobs.
- Appen – Appen is hiring internet savvy giving them an opportunity to work from home. Jobs from surveys to transcription jobs. Start off with Selecting your country on the bottom of the page and fill in the required information. They hire independent contractors for a wide range of jobs, web search, translation, and transcription experience, social media, etc
- Clickworker – They always look for people who spend time on the internet. If you are skilled in a particular field of organizing data, correcting text, transcribing, then joining click work will give you the opportunity to work from home.
- Casting words – They offer transcribing jobs that you can easily do from home. You must be of 18 years and the country they hire from. Pay will vary depending on how you are performing. They hire independent contractors in nearly every country. Some of the countries they hire are listed.
- Transcribeme – If you want to start freelance transcribing then transcribeme is a good start. It gives you the flexibility to work on your own time and schedule. You have to complete the registration process then they will provide you the training and exam course after passing the test they can hire you as a transcriptionist.
- Transcribe – They prefer people experienced contractors If you have been working as a transcriptionist for a very long time, So here is a great platform you can join and work for a variety of job offers.
- Capital typing – Capital typing providing data entry and transcription services. Transcribers are given the task to complete medical, legal, corporate, insurance, and general transcription. To begin with the process you have to take the test to transcribe the audio file into text and send it to the company email.
- Scribie – You have to go through the test that can earn you as an expert transcriptionist. They pay $5-$25 per video and a monthly bonus of $15. Scribie hires independent contractors to transcribe audio files to text. They require you to pass the test before they can hire you as an expert transcriptionist.
If you want to start working from home this part-time opportunity can be the best way to monetize. Do check out my site (Lifeingain) for more. So this concludes the topic for What are some good transcription websites for a new transcriptionist to learn and earn?.